Monday, January 14, 2013

A change is in the air

With in the next couple of weeks several things are going to change in my world. I'm not going into all of the details now, because I'm working on getting some things in my head worked out, then I'll fill you in.

To give you some info about my work, I'm a companion to 3 great senior ladies. I've been doing this for a year now, and have found, that I really like what I'm doing.  I don't do medical care, but I keep them company, make meals, clean, talk with, transport to various appointments, and help with some basic daily needs.  Over the holiday, my 95 year old lady was placed in hospice care. And next week, I'm accompanying my 85 year old Italian lady to her home in Florida where she'll be for the next 5 months. So, in a little over two weeks I'll be down to only one lady that I'll be helping.  I will have her for 2 hours on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday (I've got a line on having another lady but, she's only temporary).  So, that's going to leave a whole lot of time on my hands and a lot less cash in my pocket.

What to do about the cash? Well, that's going to take some thinking, but the not driving, and impulse lunches, snacks and so on that I buy will stop, but the rest will require some interesting money management.  I'll keep you updated.

As for the time, that's the one I'm going to deal with first.  I've got several things in mind, but the biggest will be cleaning my home. I blogged about how I feel about it earlier in  an observation. My free time is going to address it & my feelings about my home.  Now, if I can stick to it, a whole new way of life could open up for me & my family.  Fingers crossed!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment