There is a saying "you can take the girl out of Texas, but not the Texas out of the girl". I will always be a Texas girl. It will always be my home even if I never live there again. I will have my ashes spread there once I'm gone. Aside from my boys, some of my husband's family & a small circle of friends here, my world is in Texas. My best friend & sister is there. <3 My whole family is there. Almost all of my friends are there & I'm just altogether happier there. If I had my choice, I'd move back tomorrow but, I live here for my boys. That's the choice I made when I married my husband. I live w/ that everyday. Don't get me wrong, I've made a life here & there's been alot of happy. But, nothing beats "home". This last trip just cemented that feeling even more.
Bluebonnets were in their final days, the food was phenomenal, the weather was perfect, and my family & friends were my salvation from the mess & drama I'd left behind. Five days in Texas was the best therapy this girl could have ever asked for. I felt whole, rejuvenated, happy, blessed, alive, & loved while I was there. My emotional "tank" was filled. I've been back here 2 weeks, & every day I rely on those feelings of home to get me thru. They are my rock, my joy, my comfort & strength when things are ugly here. They are what I draw on when my emotional tank is tapped & eventually drained.


No comments:
Post a Comment